Checlist for DD Students
The following are things which incoming students should make to have in mind over the next few weeks before they start classes in September:
Do you know your student number at both universities?
- UW student numbers have 8 digits
- WLU student numbers have 9 digits
Do you know your Username at both universities?
- e.g. at UW: j4smith
- e.g. at WLU: smit7910
- Are you able to log into Quest and LORIS?
- Have you visited one or both of the university open houses?
- Have you made contact with one or more Double Degree Mentors?
Have you purchased your Pink-Tie (Math Faculty Approved) calculator?
- Hint: Buy these at the UW Mathematics Society (Mathsoc) office to get the best price. They will be on sale during Student Life 101
Are you academically prepared for university?
Shortly before you arrive at university
Have you loaded some money into your student cards? (optional)
- Do you have a cell phone number with area code 519 or 226? (Waterloo Region)
Have you purchased school supplies?
- Pencils/pens and notebooks/loose-leaf paper
- A laptop with built-in wifi (or desktop computer)
- A printer (optional but very helpful)
- Discover which textbooks you need
- Do you have a copy of your Orientation Schedule?
- Do you have a copy of your Class Schedule?
- Have you seen the Important Dates at UW and WLU to see which ones concern you?
- Have you seen the move-in checklists at UW and WLU?
When you arrive in September
Have you obtained your student card for both UW and WLU?
- Get the student card for your home university as soon as possible
- Get the student card for your other university during the first week of class
- Have you purchased textbooks?
- Are you able to access your university email accounts at both UW and WLU?
- Have you setup email forwarding and redirecting?